5 Stocks To Watch This Week: August 21, 2020
August 21, 2020: Here’s a quick recap of our stocks to watch this week. Focused on Thursday’s update:
- Intel Corporation (INTC): From $48.33 to $49.17.
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA): From $485.54 to $485.64.
- Estee Lauder Companies, Inc. (EL): From $212.82 to $198.27.
- Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (BABA): From $260.83 to $257.97.
- Ross Stores, Inc. (ROST): From $90.26 to $87.46.
CHECK OUT: United States and China differ over plans for Phase One trade talks.
We didn’t pick any of yesterday’s biggest movers, so here’s the markets top five:
- BBQ Holdings, Inc. (BBQ) reported second-quarter results on August 12. Q2 revenue was above-the-estimate, while earnings per share were below-the-estimate. Yesterday BBQ rocketed 41.6-percent. Moving from $3.40 to $4.70.
- Naked Brand Group Limited (NAKD) announced on Thursday that they had entered into a global amendment with St. George Investments. Shares surged 36.7-percent, rising from $0.25 to $0.34 by the closing bell.
- Sypris Solutions, Inc. (SYPR) announced that they had won an Alberta Xpress gas project on Thursday. After the news shares fell by 31.9-percent. Dropping from $1.85 to $1.25. On Wednesday shares rocketed from $1.03 to $1.85.
- OpGen, Inc. (OPGN) announced its CE-IVD Marking and Commercial Launch in Europe on Thursday. Shares climbed 30.2-percent from $2.06 to $2.68 by the end of trading.
- FinVolution Group (FINV) will release second-quarter results on August 25. Shares climbed 28.6-percent during trading. Rising from $2.06 to $2.65.
Stocks To Watch This Week: Keysight Technologies, Inc. (KEYS) – $103.05
Keysight Technologies, Inc. (KEYS) reported better-than-expected third-quarter results on Thursday.
- Q3 revenue reporting at $1.01-billion, $79.55-million over-the-estimate.
- Q3 earnings per share reported at $1.19 each, $0.36 over-the-estimate.
During after-hours trading shares jumped 4.4-percent. From $103.05 to $107.30.
The better-than-expected result and after-hours trading could lead to a market reaction.
However, with revenue and earnings per share having declined year-over-year, 7.44-percent and 4.80-percent respectively, which way will investors take KEYS during the days trading?
CHECK OUT: Nasdaq closes at an all-time high as strong tech sector offers jobless data.
Ross Stores, Inc. (ROST) – $87.46
Ross Stones, Inc. (ROST) released their second-quarter results on Thursday after the closing bell.
- Q2 revenue beat the estimate, reporting in at $2.68-billion, $214.70-million over-the-estimate.
- Q2 earnings per share reported at $0.06 each, $0.32 above-the-estimate.
During Thursday’s trading, ROST fell from $90.26 to $87.46. During after-hours trading it recovered 0.2-percent. Moving up to $87.60.
Despite the above estimate Q2 results, both revenue and earnings per share had fallen year-over-year by 32.55-percent and 111.40-percent respectively.
With only 59-percent positive news sentiment ROST remains one of top stocks to watch this week.
Deere & Company (DE) – $191.09
Deere & Company (DE) reported better-than-expected third-quarter results before opening bell today.
- Q3 revenue was reported at $8.95-billion, $2.22-billion above the estimate.
- Q3 earnings per share were reported at $2.57 each, $1.31 above the estimate.
During Thursday’s after-hours trading DE shares increased by 0.1-percent. Stepping up from $191.09 to $191.21.
At the time of the results, news sentiment towards Deere & Company was only 54-percent positive. Yet, these better-than-expected results might drive the market to make DE one of the stocks to watch this week.
CHECK OUT: Alibaba beats estimates as pandemic fuels online, cloud computing demand.
Foot Locker, Inc. (FL) – $27.19
The second company that reported before the bell today was Foot Locker, Inc. (FL). Like Deere & Company, Foot Locker, Inc. also beat their estimates.
- Q2 revenue was reported at $2.08-billion, $77-million above the estimate.
- Q2 earnings per share was reported at $0.71 each, $0.14 above the estimate.
During after-hours trading on Thursday FL gained 1.6-percent. Moving from $27.19 to $27.62.
The combination of better-than-expected Q2 results and 74-percent positive news sentiment makes FL worth watching today.
Buckle, Inc. (BKE) – $16.37
The third and final company to report results on this list is Buckle, Inc. (BKE). And like the two other companies, it too reported above-the-estimate.
- Q2 revenue was reported at $216-million, $45.17-million above-the-estimate.
- Q2 earnings per share was reported at $0.71 each, $0.66 above-the-estimate.
During Thursday’s after-hours trading BKE value increased by 0.5-percent. Moving from $16.37 to $16.45.
At the start of the year BKE was $25.99. During the March lockdown slump BKE fell to $15.22 and it now looks to be struggling to recover its earlier value.
Today’s results should reveal the markets level of interest in Buckle, Inc.
CHECK OUT: Oil prices dip on sluggish coronavirus recovery.