5 Stocks To Watch This Week: August 20, 2020
August 20, 2020: Here’s a quick recap of our stocks to watch this week. Focused on Wednesday’s update:
- Lowe`s Companies, Inc. (LOW): From $157.99 to $158.28.
- Target Corporation (TGT): From $136.88 to $154.22.
- Agilent Technologies, Inc. (A): From $97.83 to $97.96.
- Sabre Corporation (SABR): From $7.89 to $7.16.
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA): From $490.43 to $485.54.
From our picks, Target Corporation (TGT) is the standout. Jumping 12.7-percent by closing bell.
However, TGT wasn’t even close to being in the top-five movers during Wednesday’s trading.
Here’s the top-five:
- Blonder Tongue Laboratories, Inc. (BDR) shares jumped by a massive 77.6-percent on Wednesday after it was reported that executives increased their holdings. Share value went from $0.76 to $1.36.
- Momenta Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (MNTA) shares jumped by 69.2-percent during Wednesday’s trading. After Johnson & Johnson announced their $6.5-billion cash acquisition plan. Share value went from $30.82 to $52.15.
- Harmony Biosciences Holdings, Inc. (HRMY) shares climbed by 54.2- percent on Wednesday after they increased their initial public offering of 5,348,837 shares at $24 each. Rising to $37.01 by the closing bell.
- Hudon Ltd. (HUD) reported that controlling shareholder Dufry AG Group would acquire all of the company’s remaining equity interests at $7.70 per share. This news drove the market, with HUD gaining 45.4-percent throughout trading. Rising from $5.13 to $7.46 by closing bell.
- On Wednesday BioMarin Pharmaceutical, Inc. (BMRN) received a response from the FDA over their gene therapy drug. Stating that their application was not ready at this point. This pushed the market to react. With BMRN shares tumbling 35.3-percent. Falling from $118.63 to $76.71 by the closing bell.
Stocks To Watch This Week: Intel Corporation (INTC) – $48.33
We’ve added the Intel Corporation (INTC) to our stocks to watch this week. Here’s our top-three reasons why:
- Intel announced an accelerated share repurchase agreement, seeking to buy an aggregate of $10-billion of common stock.
- July 12, 2020. INTC dropped from $60 to $47.73 over two-weeks. During after-hours trading, INTC climbed 3.6-percent. From $48.33 to $50.06.
- Intel’s second-quarter results were above-the-estimate. With revenue reporting at $19.73-billion, an impressive $1.18-billion above the estimate. Revenue per share also reported at a strong $1.23 each, $0.13 above the estimate.
This after-hours spike is the first real movement we’ve seen in INTC since the July slump, so it’ll be interesting to see where the market takes share value over the coming days.
NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) – $485.54
One of the stocks we picked out to watch earlier this week was NVDA.
After the bell on Wednesday the NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) reported better-than-expected second-quarter results and an increased Q3 sales forecast.
Q2 revenue reported at $3.87-billion, $216-million above the estimates. Earnings per share reported at $2.18 each, $0.21 better than the estimate.
On August 14, NVDA was valued at $462.56. On Monday, two days before the Q2 results, NVDA was at $485.89. Throughout the week the price has ranged between current value and $495.71.
During after-hours trading on Wednesday the value dropped 2.2-percent. Falling from $485.54 to $475.01.
This surge and fall make NVDA one of the top stocks to watch this week.
Estee Lauder Companies, Inc. (EL) – $212.82
Estee Lauder Companies, Inc. (EL) announced below-the-estimate Q4 results earlier today.
Q4 revenue was reported at $2.43-billion, $20-million below the estimate. And earnings per share was reported at a loss of $0.53, $0.34 worse than the estimate.
During after-hours trading EL climbed by 0.6-percent, from $212.82 to $213.80.
Some key factors in their results include:
- Revenue fell by 32.31-percent against the same period last year.
- Earnings per share also fell against the same period last year, by a significant 182.81-percent.
- Estee Lauder Companies, Inc. expects their next quarter to deliver revenue between $3.39-billion and $3.43-billion. And their EPS to be between $0.80 and $0.85.
It’ll be interesting to see how the markets react this week to the Q4 report.
CHECK OUT: Apple’s stock market value tops $2-trillion.
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (BABA) – $260.83
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (BABA) announced first-quarter results before the market opened today, beating estimates handsomely.
Q1 revenue was reported at $21.76-billion, $422-million above the estimate. And earnings per share was reported at $2.10, $0.11 better than the estimate.
During after-hours trading BABA increase by 0.2-percent, from $260.83 to $260.99.
With 77-percent positive news sentiment and positive trends over a week, a month, three-months, a year, and five-years, BABA is definitely one of the stocks to watch this week.
Ross Stores, Inc. (ROST) – $90.26
Ross Stores, Inc. (ROST) will report second-quarter results after the market closes today. And analysts expects below estimate results.
Estimates put Q2 revenue at $2.47-billion, with earnings per share at a loss of $0.26.
- Q1 revenue was $1.84-billion, $277-million below-the-estimate.
- Q1 earnings per share reported at a loss of $0.29, $0.35 worse than the estimate.
During after-hours trading on Wednesday, ROST fell 0.8-percent. Falling from $90.26 to $89.56.
Since the March lockdown slump, ROST has been unable to regain its pre-slump value. Mostly ranging between high $80’s and low $90’s. Today’s report could finally make ROST move. Making it one of the stocks worth watching this week.