5 Stocks To Watch: August 19, 2020
August 19, 2020: Here’s a quick recap on our stocks to watch from Tuesday:
- Home Depot, Inc. (HD): From $288.42 to $285.
- Walmart, Inc. (WMT): From $135.68 to $134.71.
- Oracle Corporation (ORCL): From $53.99 to $55.18.
- Advance Auto Parts, Inc. (AAP): From $161.03 to $162.85.
- Agilent Technologies, Inc. (A): From $97.51 to $97.86.
None of our picks made significant moves on Tuesday. So check out Tuesday’s top five movers below (based on overall percentage gain or loss):
- Seanergy Maritime Holdings Corp. (SHIP) fell 53.3-percent by closing bell on Tuesday. From $1.16 to $0.55. This was after the company reported pricing of a $25-million underwritten public offering.
- MICT, Inc. (MICT) announced on Tuesday that its subsidiary Micronet had received a significant SmartCam order after a successful trial. This positive news drove shares up by 45.7-percent. From $3.51 to $5.10.
- OneSmart International Education Group Limited (ONE) reported downbeat third-quarter results on Tuesday. Despite this, ONE gained 30.6-percent in value. From $4 to $5.42.
- Poseida Therapeutics, Inc. (PSTX) reported that the FDA had put its Phase One trial on hold after the death of a patient. Shares dropped 30.3-percent, falling from $13.02 to $9.06.
- Forward Industries, Inc. (FORD) reported that it had acquired all assets from Kablooe Design. Positive news that saw shares rise 29.2-percent. From $1.37 to $1.77 by closing bell.
Here are our top-five stocks to watch during today’s trading.
Today’s #1 Stocks To Watch: Lowe`s Companies, Inc. (LOW) – $157.99
Lowe`s Companies, Inc. (LOW) reported better-than-expected second-quarter results before the bell today.
Q2 revenue was reported at $27.3-billion, $3.03-billion over the estimate. Q2 earnings per share was reported at $3.75 each, $0.80 over the estimate. During after-hours trading on Tuesday LOW fell 0.3-percent, from $157.99 to $157.50.
News sentiment is currently 90-percent positive and analysts Truist Securities and DA Davidson have recently set buy targets of $178 and $180 respectively.
This is a definite stock to watch during today’s trading.
Target Corporation (TGT) – $136.88
Target Corporation (TGT) reported better-than-expected results for their second-quarter earnings today.
Q2 revenue was reported at $22.98-billion, $2.88-billion over the estimate. Q2 earnings per share was reported at $3.38 each, $1.76 over the estimate. During after-hours trading on Tuesday TGT fell 1-percent. Falling from $136.88 to $135.58.
News sentiment is 81-percent positive and analysts Raymond James and DA Davidson have recently set targets of strong buy ($160) and buy ($152) respectively.
With a strong report and positive sentiment, TGT could easily have been today’s top stock to watch.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. (A) – $97.83
We picked Agilent Technologies, Inc. (A) in Tuesday’s stocks to watch top-five and after the closing bell, the company reported better-than-expected Q3 results.
Q2 revenue was reported at $1.26-billion, $51-million over the estimate. Q2 earnings per share was reported at $0.78 each, $0.12 over the estimate.
During Tuesday’s after-hours trading A dropped by 2.1-percent. From $97.83 to $95.80.
On Tuesday we were curious as to whether A would again hit a new 52-week high, after recording new highs throughout July and August. With yesterday’s report and share value drop, our curiosity remains.
Sabre Corporation (SABR) – $7.89
Sabre Corp. (SABR) reported worse-than-expected results for its second-quarter on Friday.
Q2 revenue was reported at $83-million, $79.74-million under the estimate. Q2 earnings per share was reported at a loss of $1.30 each, $0.46 worse than the estimate.
On Tuesday, Sabre Corp. announced a $250-million offering at $100 per share. During after-hours trading SABR shares dropped by 8.6-percent. Falling from $7.89 to $7.21.
The above news could lead to SABR having a very interesting day on the market. Definitely one of our stocks to watch today.
NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) – $490.43
NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) are to report second-quarter results after the closing bell today.
Estimates put Q2 revenue at $3.65-billion. With earnings per share at $1.97 each. In comparison, Q1 revenue was $3.08-billion, $100-million over the estimate. Q1 earnings per share were $1.80 each, $0.12 over the estimate.
During after-hours trading on Tuesday NVDA increased by 0.1-percent. Rising from $490.43 to $490.60.
With the trend showing NVDA moving only one way, increasing from $167.51 this time last year. We’re watching to see how high NVDA can go.