5 Stocks To Watch: August 18, 2020
August 18, 2020: Here’s a quick recap on our stocks to watch from Monday:
- Thermogenesis Holdings, Inc. (THMO): From $4.73 to $3.66.
- Medley Management, Inc. (MDLY): From $0.70 to $0.65.
- Baxter International, Inc. (BAX): From $83.48 to $83.70.
- Fabrinet (FN): From $73.05 to $74.44.
- JD.Com, Inc. (JD): From $62.06 to $66.98.
Our picks always focus on the stocks we expect to move most, not just the biggest gainers.
The actual biggest movers during Monday’s trading were (based on overall percentage gain or loss):
- LMP Automotive Holdings, Inc. (LMPX) shares climbed 69.7-percent on Monday after reporting Q2 results. Jumping from $7.40 to $11.81.
- Unity Biotechnology, Inc. (UBX) shares dropped by 66.6-percent on Monday after their Phase 2 study results failed to meet objectives. The price has fallen from $12.40 to $4.15 since Friday.
- RISE Education Caymen Ltd (REDU) climbed 12-percent on Friday after their Q2 results. On Monday, REDU gained 48-percent more. Rising from $3.97 on Friday to $5.80 at close on Monday.
- LSB Industries, Inc. (LXU) reported better-than-expected results in late July. On August 5, LXU was $1.10. On Monday, it was at $2.16. During Monday’s trading, LXU increased by 40.3-percent. Climbing to $3.04.
- Stein Mart, Inc. (SMRT) filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy last week, and on Friday shares dropped by 11-percent. On Monday, SMRT jumped 39-percent, from $0.10 to $0.21, before closing at $0.15.
Here are our top-five stocks to watch during today’s trading.
Today’s #1 Stocks To Watch: Home Depot, Inc. (HD) – $288.42
Home Depot, Inc. (HD) reported second-quarter results before the opening bell today and it blew away estimates.
Q2 revenue was reported at $38.05-billion, a massive $3.52-billion over the estimate. Earnings per share reported at $4.02 each, $0.31 over the estimate.
Home Depot’s revenue and earnings per share for the quarter also increased year-over-year. With revenue and earnings per share increasing by 23.39-percent and 26.81-percent respectively.
With almost bullish news sentiment (1-percent off) and early pre-market trading showing a 2-percent increase, from $288.42 to $294. Today could be a big day for HD.
So much positive coverage puts HD at the top of our stocks to watch list today.
Walmart, Inc. (WMT) – $135.68
Walmart, Inc. (WMT) also announced their second-quarter results before the bell today and like Home Depot, Inc. knocked their estimates out of the park.
Q2 revenue was reported at $137.74-billion, a massive $2.37-billion over the estimate. Earnings per share reported at $1.56 each, $0.31 over the estimate.
Just like Home Depot, Walmart, Inc. Q2 revenue and earnings per share increased year-over-year. With revenue and earnings per share increasing by 5.65-percent and 22.83-percent respectively.
Even Walmart’s news sentiment is almost bullish, less than 3-percent off. Plus, during early pre-market trading WMT shares jumped 1.3-percent. From $135.68 to $137.29.
WMT could easily be our top pick today and definitely belongs in our stocks to watch top-five.
Oracle Corporation (ORCL) – $53.99
According to a report, the Oracle Corporation (ORCL) have shown an interest in acquiring TikTok from ByteDance for U.S., Canadian, and Australian markets.
This news caused a 3-percent rise during the pre-market trading session, from $53.99 to $55.59.
With news sentiment only 68-percent positive and their last revenue report (Q4) being $229-million under-the-estimate, it’ll be interesting to see how far this report will take ORCL during Tuesday’s trading.
Definitely one to watch today.
Advance Auto Parts, Inc. (AAP) – $161.03
Advance Auto Parts, Inc. (AAP) announced their second-quarter results before the opening bell today and they beat-the-estimate.
With Q2 revenue reporting at $2.5-billion, $121-million above the estimate. And earnings per share reporting at $2.92 each, $0.94 above the estimate.
Additionally, Advance Auto Parts, Inc. reported that revenue was up by 7.25-percent over Q2 last year. Plus, earnings per share was up by 46-percent over Q2 last year.
During early pre-market trading, AAP jumped by 0.5-percent. From $161.03 to $161.86. It’s a small jump but with 72-percent positive news sentiment, AAP could have an interesting day.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. (A) – $97.51
Agilent Technologies, Inc. (A) will report their third-quarter results after the closing bell today.
Estimates expect Q3 revenue of $1.21-billion and earnings per share of $0.66 each. In comparison, Q2 revenue was $1.24-billion, $28-million over the estimate. With Q2 earnings per share at $0.71 each, $0.10 over the estimate.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. has continuously hit new 52-week highs throughout July and August. And It makes it on to our stocks to watch list to find out if a new high will be set today.