5 Stocks To Watch This Week: August 24, 2020
First up are the top-five biggest movers last Friday. Swipe down for our five stocks to watch this week.
- Kymera Therapeutics, Inc. (KYMR): On Friday the company revealed its 8.6-million share IPO would be priced at $20 each. This caused KYMR to surge 66.3-percent, closing at $33.26.
- Hancock Jaffe Laboratories, Inc. (HJLI): The company revealed that two more patients from their study had reached one-year milestones after VenoValve surgery. This news pushed HJLI to surge 63.9-percent, jumping from $0.28 to $0.46 by close on Friday.
- Stein Mart, Inc. (SMRT): After filing Chapter 11 bankruptcy SMRT shares gained 10-percent on Thursday and then rapidly dropped 34.6-percent on Friday. Closing at $0.07.
- Gevo, Inc. (GEVO): On Friday shares dipped by 32.4-percent, closing at $1.23 after the company reported a 38.4-million share registered offering of $1.30 each.
- Bio-Path Holdings, Inc. (BPTH): At the opening bell on Friday BPTH was $3.99. By the end of trading, the share gained 31-percent. Climbing to $5.16.
CHECK OUT: Republicans and Democrats trade blames over stalled coronavirus aid.
Stocks To Watch This Week: AstraZeneca PLC (AZN) – $55.70
HEADLINE: The Financial Times reported that AstraZeneca PLC (AZN) might receive FDA approval for its COVID-19 vaccine ahead of the November Presidential elections.
This news could drive AZN’s value during the week regardless of whether it is true or false.
FLASHBACK: The company reported better-than-expected Q2 results in July.
- Q2 revenue was reported at $6.28-billion, $35-million over-the-estimate.
- Q2 earnings per share were reported at $0.96 each, $0.52 over-the-estimate.
LATEST TRADING: On Friday, before the report, AZN dipped by 1.4-percent. Falling from $56.49 to current value.
SENTIMENT: News sentiment is 78.5-percent positive (1.5-percent off Bullish).
Bank of Montreal (BMO) – $57.27
HEADLINE: Reporting third-quarter results before the markets open today is the Bank of Montreal (BMO).
- Estimates put Q3 revenue at $4.21-billion.
- Estimates put Q3 earnings per share at $1.67 each.
LATEST TRADING: On Friday, BMO shares fell by 0.8-percent. Falling from $57.76 to present value. This decline has been constant since Monday, August 17, when the share price was $59.02.
SENTIMENT: News sentiment is 65.4-percent positive (14.6-percent off Bullish).
This decline makes BMO an interesting stock to watch this week as a positive result could flip the decline.
CHECK OUT: Microsoft say Apple’s move against Fortnite developer would hurt its games.
Kazia Therapeutics Ltd (KZIA) – $7.48
HEADLINE: The oncology-focused biotechnology company Kazia Therapeutics Ltd (KZIA) revealed Sunday, August 23, that the FDA granted Orphan Drug Designation for its Paxalisib treatment.
This was the second announcement last-week. The first was when the FDA gave fast track designation for Paxalisib on August 20.
FLASHBACK: Over the last-year, KZIA has surged over 317% in value.
- August 25, 2019, KZIA was valued at $2.33.
- November 17, 2019, KZIA peaked at $7.40.
LATEST TRADING: During after-hours trading on Friday KZIA dipped by 0.5-percent. From $7.48 to $7.44.
This continued positive news makes KZIA one of our top stocks to watch this week.
Palo Alto Networks, Inc. (PANW) – $269.45
HEADLINE: Reporting fourth-quarter results after the closing bell today is the Palo Alto Networks, Inc. (PANW).
- Estimates put Q4 revenue at $923.51-million.
- Estimates put Q4 earnings per share at $1.39 each.
FLASHBACK: The third-quarter results beat-the-estimates.
- Q3 revenue was reported at $869.40-million. $39.92-million above-the-estimate.
- Q3 earnings per share were reported at $1.17 each. $0.24 above-the-estimate.
LATEST TRADING: During after-hours trading on Friday PANW shares increased by 0.3-percent. From $269.45 to $270.
SENTIMENT: News sentiment is 77.3-percent positive (2.7-percent off Bullish).
The combination of positive sentiment, latest trading, and third-quarter results make PANW a definite stock to watch during this weeks trading.
CHECK OUT: President Trump says he could decouple from China and not do any business with them.
Bitauto Holdings Ltd (BITA) – $15.79
HEADLINE: Reporting third-quarter results before the markets open today is Bitauto Holdings Ltd (BITA).
- Estimates put Q3 revenue at $305.82-million.
- Estimates put Q3 earnings at a loss of $0.97 per share.
FLASHBACK: The second-quarter results were a mixed bag.
- Q2 revenue was reported at $276.9-million. $28.92-million below-the-estimate.
- Q2 earnings per share were reported at a loss of $0.66 each. $0.31 above-the-estimate.
LATEST TRADING: During Friday’s trading, BITA shares dipped by 0.2-percent. From $15.79 to $15.80.
SENTIMENT: News sentiment is 68-percent positive (12-percent off Bullish).
This mixed sentiment and second-quarter results make BITA one of our five stocks to watch this week as share value could go either way after today’s results.